When parents are not divorced yet can one parent move with the children out of Florida?

If a dissolution of marriage action has been filed in Florida and one parent wishes to move outside of the jurisdiction of Florida courts, that parent needs to follow the requirements of the relocation statute, and request in writing to relocate to the other parent. If the other parent agrees to the relocation, then that parent may relocate. If, however, the other parent objects to the relocation, the parent that wishes to relocate then needs to file a petition for relocation asking permission to relocate outside of the state of Florida.

contact us

Contact Fournier Law Now!