What happens when the non-custodial parent has money to pay child support but still will not pay?

If a parent ordered to pay child support willfully refuses to pay child support, the parent who is entitled to receive child support can file an enforcement action in the courts and receive an order directing the nonpaying parent to pay, can receive a garnishment from the nonpaying parent's wages in the form of an income withholding order, and the court can order that the nonpaying parent become current or pay what is considered a purge amount to stay out of jail. There is tremendous enforcement authority in the Florida courts to make sure that parents who are ordered to pay child support comply with that court order.

contact us

M-Th: 8:30am - 5:30pm

Contact Fournier Law Now!