What are the requirements to move to another state with my children?

Any parent that wishes to move outside of the jurisdiction of the state of Florida with minor children that are subject to a time-sharing schedule, needs to comply with the relocation statute. This means giving written notice to the other parent of the intention to relocate and giving the other parent the opportunity to either agree in writing or to object.

If the other parent objects to the relocation, then the parent who desires to move outside of the jurisdiction needs to file a petition for relocation in order to meet the statutory requirements.

contact us