How can child support be changed in Florida?

Child Support can be changed through a supplemental petition for modification of child support. In order to qualify for a change in the child support amount, a party would have to establish that there has been an unanticipated substantial and material change since the last order was entered. That means that either expenses have significantly dropped or increased or a party's income has significantly changed to warrant a modification of child support. A supplemental petition would need to be filed by the party, wishing to adjust the child support calculation.

contact us

Contact Fournier Law Now!