Top Questions for a Divorce Lawyer
When you’re ready to speak to a legal professional about any aspect of divorce, it’s best to speak to a law firm with experience. Divorce is complicated and if you’re not sure where to start, we have compiled a list to help you feel a little more prepared.
Here are some top questions to ask a divorce lawyer in Tallahassee, Destin, and Jacksonville Florida:
- What is your experience and track record with divorce cases similar to mine?
- How will you communicate with me about the progress of my case?
- How do you typically handle negotiations with the other party and their lawyer?
- What is your fee structure and how will you bill me?
- How will you help me understand my options and make decisions about the direction of my case?
- How do you anticipate the court will rule on key issues in my case (e.g. child custody, property division)?
- How can I protect my assets during the divorce process?
- How will the divorce process impact my children and how will you help me address their needs?
- Can you provide references or testimonials from past clients?
- How do you handle conflicts of interest and maintain client confidentiality?
It is a good idea to prepare questions that are unique to your own situation as every divorce is different, but these ten will help you get started.
When you’re ready to talk about divorce and family law, Fournier Family Law is here to help.